Privacy Acts like the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act, CCPA or GDPR describe how organizations have to deal with personal information of data subjects, e.g. their customers or employees. They grant substantial rights to these data subjects, including the right to erasure (aka “right to be forgotten”).
Enterprise Content Management systems like FileNet contain a lot of personal information in the documents stored in the repository. This raises severe concerns among the various stakeholders.
With CENIT Retention Solution Ovations offers an easy to implement solution leveraging FileNet and Content Navigator, addressing core tasks in managing document retentions in FileNet:
- Managing the retention settings of documents
- Managing approval processes for deletions or preservation of documents
- Controlled deletion of documents, including logging for auditing purposes
- Managing holds for documents to exclude them from deletion
Without a consistent retention management in FileNet, these activities are prone to errors. Errors which can be become very costly and damage your reputation.
The CENIT Retention Solution helps you doing it right, providing substantial benefits:
- Avoiding heavy fines due to non-compliance
- Improving the productivity of your workers in handling retentions
- Reducing system administration efforts and storage costs
The proper handling of personal information has become a must-have to avoid risk, costs, and bad reputation. As there is a lot of personal information in your FileNet repository you need to tackle this immediately. Acting now pays off quickly.