IBM Cloud Pak for Automation is a new offering that combines the Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform with IBM’s market leading Digital Business Automation Platform. It will enable you to use a low-code, configuration approach to digitise and automate your workflows, business decisions, and content capture and management. Since it is built on Docker container technologies, not only will you be able to run IBM Cloud Pak for Automation anywhere – on-prem, private cloud, or public cloud – but you’ll also gain agility and scale.
IBM Cloud Pak for Automation early adopters have already seen significant benefits:
- gained agility with a low-code, configuration approach to development
- cut their update/patch cycle times by up to 80% compared to traditional software
- scaled their automation workloads on demand
- gained visibility and insights into their business operations
- applied AI and machine learning to workflows, decisions, and content
IBM Cloud Pak for Automation provides a complete set of capabilities for automation and digitisation using pre-integrated workflow, decisioning, content, capture and digital worker capabilities.
The combined offering makes it easy for clients to adopt containerized software and Kubernetes. This single offering supports both traditional and containerized software in on premises or cloud environments. Clients have the flexibility to change their mix of traditional / containerized software as per their requirement.
The platform is cloud native and built to help business and IT teams quickly scale up or down to meet fluctuating customer demand, rapidly create new products and services to gain competitive advantage and increase the productivity of remote and onsite workers. It’s one of the most complete and flexible sets of integrated automation software that can be deployed anywhere, on any cloud.
- Completeness: Full set of integrated software capabilities — workflow, decision, content and capture automation — to digitize and automate simple to complex work. Tools for business users, IT developers and business analysts to rapidly develop apps.
- Openness: Built on containers. Can be managed by leading Kubernetes management platforms, such as Red Hat OpenShift, for easier software deployment on any public or private cloud. Plays well with others. Extensible to support third-party toolkits. All platform capabilities provide REST APIs for interoperability.
- Quality: Platform capabilities considered leading or strong by top analyst groups like Forrester and Gartner.
- Simplicity and speed: Low-code design tools to enable teams to build and change applications more quickly. Business owners and subject matter experts can have a direct role in digitizing their business. Unified “operate experience” to govern, administer, monitor, scale and ensure reliability and compliance of platform componentry.
- Intelligence: Machine understanding for more reliable and accurate unstructured data extraction and faster document auto-classification. Machine decisioning for better rule-based decision automation and task prioritization. Intelligent data gathering and analysis that captures all events generated by the platform and aggregates them under key performance indicators for a real-time view of business operations. Human-centered framework and tool for building and deploying intelligent digital workers.
- Flexibility: Simple, consistent licensing. Pay for what you need with flexibility to re-allocate licenses to other platform capabilities. Buy new, exchange, or trade-up from eligible standalone entitlements. No cloud vendor lock-in. Deploy and run anywhere—your cloud, IBM cloud, on-premises—to reduce IT ecosystem complexity and resources for implementation and maintenance. Ability to migrate existing platform runtimes without application changes or data migration.
- Visibility: Built-in operational analytics for 360-degree view of operational performance and governance.
- Scalability: Deployment options that align with IT cloud strategy (e.g., SaaS, public cloud, private cloud, on-premises) and enable quick scaling from proof of concept to an enterprise roll-out. Rich, agile management and governance features to help manage change at scale over time.
- Compliance: Traceable, scalable regulation compliance with built-in governance, customized reporting and audit trails for your automations.
- Security: Full software stack support and ongoing security, compliance and version compatibility.
Why should you choose Ovations as your IBM strategic partner?
At Ovations, we focus on value propositions that assist our customers in various key areas.
Our Red Hat Premier partnership and IBM Gold partnership plays an important role in delivering value to our customers.
As a result, Ovations have helped several of our customers on the Red Hat OpenShift and IBM stacks. We are now also ready to support existing and new customers to modernise their IBM investments using IBM Cloud Paks.
You too can benefit from Ovations’ partnerships as we can assist with any combination of the following:
- Designing and architecting the right solution
- Migration of existing IBM workloads to IBM Cloud Paks
- Optimising for cost-effective solutions
- Modernisation or new Implementations of BizDevOps & DevSecOps pipelines
- Hosting and/or management of IBM Cloud Pak solutions
- License management, including new licenses, license right sizing and license renewals