Covid-19 Impact on Business and IT alike
- Interruption to business operations in relation to service levels, quality, skeleton staff and increased changes in services;
- Impact on how customers experience your services;
- New way of collaboration is impacting processes and content, e.g. access, maintenance, security (bricks and mortar vs. virtual working), etc.;
- Performance of technology stack to maintain business service levels – consider infrastructure and applications and the impact of remote work;
- New COVID-19 regulations – consider risk and compliance impact in relation to process and content;
- Potential increase in financial crimes;
- Potential impact on business continuity.
- Update Content and Process strategy aligned to new business objectives and priorities:
- Agility and flexibility required to switch between different levels of lockdown;
- Ensure processes are adaptable, easily adjustable.
- Remote process and content evaluation:
- Review and tweak current business processes to ensure minimal impact to service levels;
- Review availability of required content in remote working scenario and consider performance.
- Consider process automation:
- Optimise processes and enable straight through processing;
- Eliminate human intervention where possible, introduce robots for repetitive tasks.
- Consider content collaboration and case management:
- Evaluate products that support remote collaboration across process and content.
We recommend you rapidly update your Content and Process strategy to ensure it can rise to the occasion. Start by assessing the risk COVID-19 poses to your content and process approach and how it will impact business operations and customer service functions.
Implement actionable measures to limit the threat of COVID-19 while protecting revenue, maintaining consistent product and service delivery, and improving the integrity of your brand:
- The first step is to understand your strengths and weaknesses around process and content management;
- Who are your key customer personas – and are they likely to be affected by COVID-19?
- What is the positioning of your operational products?
- How robust are your existing process and content technologies to support the business operations (and what’s the risk of staffing shortages in these areas)?
- Finally, what’s the maturity of your technology ecosystem and how will COVID-19 impact the prioritisation of spending on Content and Process initiatives?
Learn more about how we can help you realise business value during these times.